WeAreLegion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Similar topics

Black Widow Blacklist.

2 posters

Go down

Black Widow Blacklist. Empty Black Widow Blacklist.

Post  Diversion. Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:16 pm

Black Widow Blacklist. Bw11
I made this strat because I was tired of losing to Family and other clans in an 8v8 BW. This strat was originally Trios strat but for a 5v5 scrim. I kinda adjusted it for it to suit an 8v8. This may be confusing at first but after you know your position it shouldn't be much of a problem. I hope you all look at this and remember the strat.
Diversion.
Diversion.

https://www.youtube.com/defineseizure

Back to top Go down

Black Widow Blacklist. Empty Re: Black Widow Blacklist.

Post  Luetta32 Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:40 am

I've got all 70 of the BlackList scripts and have begun reading them. There is lots of good stuff here.

The number one script "The Imitation Game," is great. It has already been optioned for Leonardo DiCaprio and slated for 2014.

If you can get your hands on these, I highly recommend reading them, as it gives great insight into the current writing trends.

You can see what agents consider the BEST. You can also gauge different agents tastes and possibly pitch those agents your similar project.

The most fascinating thing is how many screenwriting rules are broken. Writers are including emotions, camera angles and specific music in the scripts, which has long been a NO, No.

Film executive Franklin Leonard has been compiling The Black List since 2005. He started it out of desperation. Then a development executive at Appian Way, Leonard had been drowning in a sea of bad screenplays. He turned to his counterparts in the industry for a life preserver, and his simple e-mail to 75 Hollywood execs asking for good script suggestions resulted in an avalanche of replies.

He compiled those answers into a dossier he dubbed the Black List — part self-referential title (Leonard is African American) and part ironic nod to the 1940s and '50s Hollywood blacklist of suspected communists and communist sympathizers that on occasion derailed careers. A phenomenon was born.

Today, over 300 people participate in compiling the list; those invited to participate contribute an unranked list of up to 10 of their favorite scripts of the year. While the number of participants has ballooned, Leonard says the purpose of the list remains the same: to recognize solid screenplays.

In the past, the list has been responsible for bringing Oscar-winning films such as Juno, Slumdog Millionaire and The King's Speech to the attention of studios.

The 2011 list consists of 74 screenplays that film executives have voted their favorite scripts yet to make it into production.

This year, scripts had to receive at least six mentions to be included on The Black List.

The Black List is not a "best of" list. It is, at best, a "most liked" list.

Luetta32

Back to top Go down